Saturday, February 5, 2011

{Frida Dress Pattern Review}

Ok, so I completed the Frida dress as said in earlier post and I am back as promised. It took me a bit longer than expected, but that could be due to the two screaming little ones I had! I just want to say...I LOVE THE WAY THE DRESS TURNED OUT...I'm so HAPPY!!!
I would say that the sizing is ver true to size. When I first saw the pieces cut out I was a bit worried, but after finishing the bodice and trying it on my daughter I was greatly suprised...it fit perfect. The bodice looks great with the perfect point in the middle. I chose the capped sleeves version which gives it a nice peasent look. I must say that the trickiest part of the whole dress for me was the ties. The piece of fabric you had to work with was tiny making it hard to manuver, but they still turned out GREAT, AND she gives you the option of using ribbon so this problem can be resolved. My favorite part of the pattern was how she had you sew the pockets on giving it a professional and practical touch! I also love the touch of the slit in the top of the skirt portion making more room in the sleeves. I give this pattern TWO THUMBS UP. Definitely for an intermediate sewer, however the directions are awesome so you beginner sewers feel free to give it a shot! This dress would also look great with some leggings and a long sleeve t-shirt underneath for these colder months we are having. In fact I think that I am going to make THESE to match and go underneath!! Thanks for looking.
















EDITED:
**So I couldn't wait...I had to make some pants to match using the Katie Cupcake pattern. They were kind of a quickie-hack-job if I must say so, but still turned out cute and totally completes the outfit**

No comments: